[OpenAFS-Doc] updating user guide

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:37:36 -0400

Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
>
>> Should all references to klog be replaced with kinit;aklog? Should
>> klog be mentioned at all, or should it be shown as an alternate
>> method?
>>

> Technically, a krb5 kinit is not an AFS command.  I'm not sure if it
> should be mentioned.

I agree kinit is not an AFS command, but it is so integral that it might
as well be.

Looking at:
http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/UserGuide/auusg005.htm#Header_44

What should the klog line be replaced by? As far as I know, the
recommended way is "kinit;aklog".
If it's not that, then what should it be?

How do klog.krb and the other .krb commands fit in?

>> Should the Doc version and software versions be updated?
>> Which OpenAFS versions should be listed?
>>

> I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here.

I'm referring to this page:

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/UserGuide/auusg000.htm
What should be changed?