[OpenAFS-Doc] State of the documentation presentation?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:41:57 -0500

Hi there,

A couple of people on the openafs-info list responded to my inquiry
about workshop topics.  One suggestion was a "state of the
documentation" presentation. I  wanted to pose the idea to the doc list
ot get input.

Steven Jenkins had the following to say:

doc/README, doc/man-pages/README summarization would be a start.  It
would be helpful to know who is tackling what, and how best to
coordinate with them (e.g., the comments about Simon Wilkinson working
on the Quick Start guide).  My assumption is that between now and the
Workshop, you will probably finish out this list of 'no man pages
exist' from doc/man-pages/README:

       copyauth
       fs cscpolicy
       fs memdump
       fs minidump
       fs monitor
       fs rxstatpeer
       fs rxstatproc
       fs setcbaddr
       restorevol
       rmtsysd
       vldb_convert
       vos clone
       vos setfields
       vos shadow
       vsys

so to me, the interesting questions are

- what's next?
- what kind of skillset is needed to help with the docs on which part?
- who is actively doing work on the docs, and how should people
coordinate with you (or whomever is actively doing things)

I wouldn't feel comfortable about presenting on the documentation without consulting with Russ and Simon.

comments?

Sincerely,
Jason