[OpenAFS-Doc] What todo with dead links in FAQ?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:14:23 -0500

Esther Filderman wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2008 10:29 AM, Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
>> IANAL, but I think you should keep yourself as the copyright holder of
>> the images unless/until OpenAFS gets incorporated.
>>

> OpenAFS isn't going to get incorporated anytime soon. I've brought it
> up before and they have 101 reasons not to do it.

:(  That causes it's own set of issues.
>> Is there an SVG version of the logo? What is the license on the logo?
>>

> What is SVG?  License? hrm. I dunno.

SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVG
It's a web standard for vector graphics in XML. PNG, JPG, etc are raster
graphics which is a grid of pixels which can have problems scaling.
Vector graphics are stored as mathematical formulae for line segments.
Vector graphics look good at any scale or resolution.

In graphics guy parlance, ask that the artist give you a version in
Adobe Illustrator instead of Photoshop.

I would normally recommend one of the creative commons licenses, but I'm
not sure because this is the logo for OpenAFS, which doesn't really
exist. The other option would be to trademark it or something. I'm just
thinking that we need to allow for the logo to be used in association
with OpenAFS, but not be able to be hijacked by some nefarious person. I
guess just leave it for now and just say that it can be used for the
software, workshops and web site, but nowhere else, assuming the
question arises.
>> BTW, I removed those dead links in the FAQ.
>>

> Awethome :).

Just trying to help.

Jason