[OpenAFS-Doc] submission of architecture documents

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:48:59 -0700

"Steven Jenkins" <steven.jenkins@gmail.com> writes:

> There is an architecture documents for Demand Attach that I think would
> be appropriate to place in, say, docs/arch (ie, instead of classifying
> them by format, classify them by content).  Specifically, I've attached
> a diagram of the state machine for Demand Attach, in Dot format.
>
> Does it make sense to put this document in doc/arch?  If not, what is
> 'the right' place?

I think that basically makes sense.  Everything that's in the pdf
directory is also architecture documentation, too, so if we do this going
forward, we should probably just move the stuff in pdf into the new arch
directory.

Is there more Demand Attach architecture documents coming that should all
be committed together, or are you ready for this one to be committed as-is
now?  It would probably be a good idea to have a README or something
explaining dot -Tsvg file.dot > file.svg for people who haven't used
graphviz before.