[OpenAFS-Doc] 1-3 AFS levels in admin guide

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:05:36 -0400

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Jason Edgecombe
<jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> HI,
> **
>
> *In http://docs.openafs.org/AdminGuide/ch02s04.html#HDRWQ41*
>
> Is this still recommended third-level structure:
>
> *common*
> *public*
> *service*
> /sys_type/
> *usr*
> *wsadmin*

There are a bunch of ways to set up the 3rd level.  This is one.

Alf likes to recommend:
/user
/common
/group
/software
/project
/@sys

In my unhumble opinion it's probably best to say that there's many
ways to do it but some things (like how you organize /user) are harder
to change in the long run than others, so think about it.

Only say it in english, 'cause my brain is broken tonight.

> Should wsadmin and the references to package be removed?

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF JEEBUS LET PACKAGE DIE! DIE! DIE!
*cough* sorry.  Erm, I really believe it should be removed.

> Should dynamic-root/freelance modes be mentioned for the 2nd level?

I suggest briefly and then linking to more details about 'em.

> There is no mention of root.afs in the first level. Should that be added?

isn't that what chapter 1 is all about?

YOU ARE THE MAN!

Moose