[OpenAFS-Doc] README vs. RT

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Tue, 07 Jun 2011 17:11:55 -0400

On 6/7/2011 4:54 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jeff Blaine<jblaine@kickflop.net>  writes:
>
>> FWIW - I got no response to this from 6 days ago
>
> The reason why I'd originally maintained a list of things to do in the
> README file is that RT really doesn't work for me.  I have a hard time
> finding things there and get overwhelmed by the volume of stuff.  But I

That's probably fixable with a bookmarked link to a
saved RT search.  The default RT "home" is largely
useless for any serious work.

If you do this (once):

1.  Go to http://rt.central.org/rt/Search/Build.html
2.  Click "Advanced" at left
3.  Paste the following into the top box

  Queue = 'openafs-docs'  AND ( Status = 'open'  OR Status = 'stalled'
OR Status = 'new' )

4.  Click Apply
5.  Click Search (bottom right)
6.  Bookmark the "Bookmarkable link" ... link (bottom right)

You should be pretty set, no?

That equates to "show me everything in the openafs-docs
queue that is not rejected, deleted, or resolved" -- your
typical working set.

You can do steps 2-5 via the interactive query builder, but
it's funky and way too hard to explain in email.

> haven't had much time to work on this, so I definitely don't want to get
> in the way of people who do have time.  If RT works better for the people
> who are working on documentation, then yes, by all means move it all into
> RT.

I'm not biased one way or the other, really.  Whatever
works for people.  It just struck me as odd, especially
since the standard, for the source dev stuff, is to be
putting "FIXES someticketnum" in the commits.