[OpenAFS-Doc] Re: XML -> ?? toolchain?

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Fri, 27 May 2011 14:38:42 -0400

On 5/27/2011 2:19 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Andrew Deason<adeason@sinenomine.net>  writes:
>> Jeff Blaine<jblaine@kickflop.net>  wrote:
>
>>> What tools (RHEL packages) do I need to get this going?  I would like
>>> to visually check my work before committing it.
>
>> If you want to build the PDF, you need dblatex ("Docbook to latex"; in
>> Debian the package is dblatex, and I think it is in RHEL too). For HTML
>> you just need an xslt processor and the docbook HTML XSL stylesheet, and
>> give them to ./configure. Debian's packaging passes
>> --with-xslt-processor=xsltproc
>> --with-html-xsl=/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/html/chunk.xsl
>
> I don't know what the Red Hat package names are, but on Debian, you need:
>
>      dblatex
>      docbook-xsl
>      libxml2-utils
>      xsltproc
>
> That might help with tracking down the Red Hat equivalents.

Thanks, I see now the Makefile documents some of that.

# HTML_XSL is specific to Debian and will need to be modified on other
# systems until we have a better mechanism for finding the correct path.
HTML_XSL = no
# XSLTPROC = libxslt
XSLTPROC = xsltproc

What's HTML_XSL supposed to point to?

/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.76.1/html ?

That's what I have on Fedora 14, assuming I am even close to
guessing what is expected.