[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS for implementing mail servers

Jatin Nansi linuxguru@india.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:17:34 -0500 (EST)

hii

we are planning to implement a clustered mail server, having upto 4 physical
servers providing mail (smtp, pop3) and web mail (http) to our users. for
this we need to keep the filesystems synchronised amongst all the machines,
as the user may land up at any server, and his data better be there at that
server. the clusetering solution would be something similar to piranha or
turbocluster. this is a round robin load balancing solution. all servers are
expected to perform high file i/o.

since the volume of the mail is very high at our site, typically upto a GB a
day, is it possible for me to use openafs for keeping all the servers
synced, if not what else can i use for this purpose?

please suggest if it would be correct to use openafs here.

thank you

Jatin Nansi

FREE Personalized Email at India.com
Sign up at http://mail.india.com