[OpenAFS] Troubles with compile on Mandrake Linux 7.1

Steve Fox stevefx@us.ibm.com
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 09:40:56 -0600

Greetings,

I'm unable to compile OpenAFS 1.01 on Mandrake Linux 7.1 because it is
looking for a UTS_RELEASE string in the version.h header which
apparently is not in the Mandrake kernel source (installed via the
kernel-source rpm). The exact error is below:

ERROR: Cannot build for Linux kernel 2.2.16:
       No UTS_RELEASE string found in
/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include/linux/version.h.
ERROR: Should be able to build at least one of 2.2.15 2.2.16.
       Valid headers not present for any Linux kernel.
make[3]: *** [lkversion] Error 255

Can anyone provide me assistance with figuring out why the UTS_RELEASE
string would not be declared?

Thanks much.

P.S. If you don't mind could you please CC me as I'm not subscribed to
the list. Thanks.

--
Steve Fox
IBM Linux Technology Center