[OpenAFS] Many questions

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:34:09 -0500

--On Thursday, December 14, 2000 10:20:20 AM -0500 "Patrick J. LoPresti"
<patl@curl.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your answers.  I have a couple of follow-up questions:
>

> Hartmut Reuter <Hartmut.Reuter@rzg.mpg.de> writes:
>
>> You may build your Windows client in OpenAFS as well.
>
> Interesting.  Does that include Win2k?

Changes that support Win2k (thought I have no tested them) have been
contributed and are included in the 1.0.1 release.

>> This is old stuff. You better use ssh instead of rsh. We have local
>> changes to ssh which do a token transfer.
>
> Are these changes available somewhere?  I already use ssh; I only
> asked about rsh because that is what the AFS docs talk about.

openssh has them included. Otherwise, something like
http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/ssh-afs/
(a web search for dug song ssh afs will certainly turn them up)