[OpenAFS] AFS-Client behind masquerading firewall

Sascha Silbe Sascha@Silbe.org
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 04:32:53 +0100

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

Hello!

I'm trying to get the OpenAFS client to work behind a masquerading firewall
(PPP dial-up with dynamic IP address that changes every 24 hours). For the
first few minutes it works perfectly, but after a while it just complains
about the network being down. :(
Are there any options that could cause this problem? I saw that only UDP is
used. Does AFS also work over TCP (don't know if the protocol supports it
and couldn't find any info on this topic)? If the answer is yes, how do I g=
et=20
the OpenAFS client to use TCP?

CU/Lnx Sascha

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1