[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on SuSE 7.0 anyone?

Markus Alt altmark@de.ibm.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:40:50 +0100

Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:

> > So finally: Has anyone already created some patches to either the
> > OpenAFS sources or the SuSE 7.0 kernel sources in order to compile
> > OpenAFS successfully?
> I've attached a patch which I believe will allow compilation on SuSE
> systems. I don't actually have any, and my attempts at using kernel
> headers extracted from SuSE rpms was not very successful, so I don't know
> that it will work.... The kernel patches in question do not have to do

Great, it *does* work! Thanks a lot! Even on my system, where all
partitions (except for /boot) have ReiserFS filesystems [1], there seems
to be no problem so far. Of course I will some further testing and post
any problems I may encounter to this list.

Thanks again and best regards,
Markus

[1] For the AFS cache's partition, I tried with an Ext2 filesystem
first, but after switching to ReiserFS again, it also works flawlessly.

--
Markus Alt
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany