[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on SuSE 7.0 - not yet!

Markus Alt altmark@de.ibm.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:22:44 +0100

Hmm, looks like I've been a little too happy about the success I
apparently had ...

After some further testing I found out that there are severe problems
with all files > 4096 bytes: After 4096 bytes, the file's content starts
over again with its beginning, then 4096 bytes later again and so on. I
first noticed this with files like .alias or .Xdefaults as they looked
like crap.

Meanwhile I tried ReiserFS and Ext2 for the filesystem on the AFS
cache's partition, as well as a memory cache - no success. ("fs flush"
and "fs checkv" don't help either, of course.)

All of the commands I've tested so far work (some of the bos, vos and fs
suites' subcommands), but without a functioning cache manager, this is
rather useless ...

Any words of wisdom?

Regards,
Markus