[OpenAFS] openafs and win2k? wrt transarc 3.6.2.5 release

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:55:41 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Nathan Neulinger wrote:

> Are the patches in the 3.6.2.5 release included in openafs? or will they
> be? In particular, I'm referring to the changes in i386_nt40 for various
> bugs, and the support of win2k.

Presumably not, and not any time soon. The problem is the amount of time
to pass things past attorneys to clear release is apparently
mind-boggling, with the attendant price tag for people's time.

I can't, and won't, speak for IBM, but all indications were that nothing
would soon be being released.

-D