[OpenAFS] file and vl server prefs - do "same preference" servers get load balanced/round robin?

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 09:27:28 -0600

I've noticed recently that many of our clients are choosing the same file
server to be the lowest preference server for both FS and VL traffic.

Needless to say, this seems to be causing a dramatic effect on the loading
of the various servers.

Will setting the server prefs all to the same value cause the loading to
balance across the servers, or will it result in all traffic going to the
first server in the list?

We have never messed with hand setting the server prefs before, so don't
have much experience with how this will affect things.

-- Nathan