[OpenAFS] Directory layout for new cells

Kelsang Wangden wngdn@src.uchicago.edu
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:30:27 -0600

Sam Hartman <hartmans@MIT.EDU> wrote:

>     Derek> Well, you could: 0) generate ptdb 1) generate root.afs that
>     Derek> only contains the new cell 2) generate root.cell 3) start
>     Derek> afsd 4) get tokens 5) rebuild root.afs
>
> As I said earlier, noauth considered harmful.

Why do you consider it harmful?  It's the recommended way to build a
new cell.  Is it because apt, dpkg, and friends install things while
there are potentially lots of normal things going on like users
logging in remotely, web pages being served out, and so on?

Wangden
--
Kelsang Wangden (Buddhist monk)        Technical Manager
Social Science Research Computing, University of Chicago