[OpenAFS] Directory layout for new cells

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:31:29 -0600

Dunno... I wouldn't think that would have to be a prerequisite. I mean - you
have truly-dynamic root.afs creation, and you have boot-time root.afs
creation. If you do boot time (easy first-shot approach), just have it
process the CellServDB at the client. Later iterations of it could add
cells. Probably would want to have the client automatically add a mount to
the pseudo volume if it gets a 'fs newcell' command.

Second iteration of the code would be fully dynamic, using cellservdb and
all the afsdb recs. (Do you really want to use the AFSDB records, or do you
want to use SRV records? I would think the latter might be a better idea,
since suport of TXT/SRV is going to be forced by the fact that microsoft
uses them extensively with ADS.

-- Nathan