[OpenAFS] SUCCESS: OpenAFS kernel module for Linux 2.4.0-test11

Patrick J. Hennessey spectre@sigmatel.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:07:25 -0600 (CST)

I was able to compile OpenAFS by commenting out the 'venus' directory and
its dependencies, as well as chaning the variable mentioned in src/README
from LINUX_VERSION to LINUX_VERS (i.e.
make SYS_NAME="i386_linux24" LINUX_VERSION="2.4.0-test11"

This compilation was made with the patches by Chas Williams available at
ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/chas/linux-openafs/symlink-fix.diff

This compilation produced an SMP kernel module that insmod'd right into
my server without a crash.  It can be removed from memory as well.  I
intend to startup a cell soon to truly test this system, but I consider
this a succss.

(info: gcc 2.95-2 under Mandrake 7.2, Linux kernel 2.4.0-test11)

--
Patrick J. Hennessey                                  spectre@sigmatel.com
Information Solutions                                       (512) 381-3722