[OpenAFS] volume max size

Nathan Rawling nrawling@firedrake.net
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:41:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, David Hajek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AFS volume size is limited to 8 GB, since 1.0.3 - according to the
> docs. My question is what to do, when I need more than 8GB on some
> mount point. For example, every user will have its own volume(home
> directorty), but what to do when user has more that 8GB in his home.
> Is it possible to mount volumes to the same mount points? If yes,
> how is this limited? Thanks.

I suppose that at that point I would create additional volumes for the
user, and mount them under their home directory. At that point, I would
make it the users job to distribute his/her data among the volumes you've
provided.

I'm glad that my users don't use 8G of disk...

Nathan

--
Nathan Rawling      nrawling@firedrake.net       KC8BOA
"A dead fish goes downstream, it takes a live one to go