[OpenAFS] Compatibility w/ Linux 2.2.19?

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:23:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Nathan Neulinger wrote:

> "Steven N. Hirsch" wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Previous attempts at building the kernel modules against 2.2.19preX failed
> > rather miserably.  Is it worth trying again with release 2.2.19, or is
> > this known to be broken?
>
> I've had no trouble with 2.2.19pre* or 2.2.19. What specifically were
> you having problems with?

>From memory (this was about a month back), there were numerous build
difficulties which required forcing kernel 2.4-ish things on in order to
compile.  This was followed by complete lockup when I tried to load the
module and mount /afs.

You were able to build 1.0.3 against a 2.2.19 kernel without
problems?  Interesting.  I'll have to give this another try, I guess.

Steve