[OpenAFS] openafs and kerberos5

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Apr 2001 12:05:05 -0400

"Forrest D. Whitcher" <fw@fwsystems.com> writes:

> (!!!! btw HELP! :- ... the latest I've been able to figure out is
> that when I obtain an afs ticket from the k5 KDC (requires krb524d
> be running to translate tickets).. the AFS key that is granted is
> listed in the K5 tickets !!!??? might explain why afs is complaining
> when I try to use the ticket????)

The way Ken's tool works is that it obtains a krb5 AFS key and then
uses the krb524d server to convert the v5 ticket to a v4 ticket in
order to stuff it into the kernel.  It never caches the v4 ticket
elsewhere.

Perhaps you have a kvno problem between client/KDC and server?  If the
kvno (Key Version Number) does not match then you will be rejected
(even if the key does match).

-derek