[OpenAFS] openafs and kerberos5

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:42:30 -0400

>(!!!! btw HELP! :- ... the latest I've been able to figure out is
>that when I obtain an afs ticket from the k5 KDC (requires krb524d
>be running to translate tickets).. the AFS key that is granted is
>listed in the K5 tickets !!!??? might explain why afs is complaining
>when I try to use the ticket????)

This is expected (your AFS service ticket showing up in your V5 ticket
cache).

The whole point of the migration kit it to make it so you don't need
Kerberos 4 _at all_.  The way aklog works is that it gets a V5 AFS
service ticket, then talks to the 524 service to convert that V5
ticket into a V4 service ticket, and that's what is placed into the
kernel for the cache manager to use.

--Ken