[OpenAFS] SAMBA as a CIFS <-> AFS gateway

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
17 Apr 2001 19:59:12 -0400

I don't think so.  AFS stores special files in the file system.  I
don't know if it would work with a Samba or NFS-mounted filesystem.
I don't think anyone has actually tested that.  What you would need
to do is something like:

	mount NetApp onto Linux:/vicepX
	start AFS Server on Linux

This may or may not actually work.  YMMV.  Ideally, we would want to
build an AFS server for NetApp.  Or perhaps re-install the NetApps
with another OS.

-derek