[OpenAFS] RE: [Q] aklog with a Windows 2000 KDC?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:22:43 -0500

Sounds to me like you still have the keys mismatched.

the win2k kdc always returns kvno 1. If you set the password, make the
keytab from the kdc, then update the keytab and KeyFile with that key on the
afs servers, restart all afs servers, and restart krb524d, it should work.

Now, we're running with a krb524d that has been patched to allow keeping the
krb5 key and the afs key separate (so we didn't have to update keyfile in
our case).

Btw, if you check back on krbdev mailing list, I submitted a patch that
allows specifying a krb524d_server in the krb5 config or in the SRV record
in dns. If you want the krb524 patch for that and keyfile stuff, let me know
and I'll send it.

-- Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Economou, Matthew [EESUS] [mailto:MEconom@EESUS.JNJ.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 11:01 AM
To: @Openafs-Info (E-mail)
Subject: [OpenAFS] RE: [Q] aklog with a Windows 2000 KDC?

FYI:

1. I'm following instructions recently posted to comp.protocols.kerberos
   by Nathan Neulinger for getting aklog working with a Win2K KDC.

2. The only changes to /etc/krb5.conf (as shipped with the Debianized
   MIT Kerberos V 1.2.2) have been to add my two realms, i.e. in
   the [realms] section:
        IRTNOG.ORG = {
                kdc = eco-afs1.cinci.irtnog.org:88
                kdc = eco-dc1.cinci.irtnog.org:88
                domain = irtnog.org
        }
        CINCI.IRTNOG.ORG = {
                kdc = eco-dc2.cinci.irtnog.org:88
                domain = cinci.irtnog.org
        }
   and in the [domain_realms] section:
        .irtnog.org = IRTNOG.ORG
        irtnog.org = IRTNOG.ORG
        .cinci.irtnog.org = CINCI.IRTNOG.ORG
        cinci.irtnog.org = CINCI.IRTNOG.ORG

3. Note that eco-afs1 is not running a kdc, only "krb524d -k".

4. Note also that I will try again tonight with a proper UDP proxy
   and with new AFS service keys.