[OpenAFS] Authentication problems with 1.0.4

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:07:33 -0400

>- if I get my personal tokens with aklog, they are not usable to reach my
>protected files

aklog seems to work for me.

>  When I try to do so, the tokens get invalidated.
>  (there has been a patch on the air for that, this is special for Win2k...
>  Isn't it included in the WinNT binary distribution ???)

i am not aware of this patch.  where is it?

>- if I try to get "admin" tokens, klog replies:
>  "Unable to authenticate to AFS because user doesn't exist."

C:\> klog emt.admin@depot.nrl.navy.mil
Non-null instance (admin) may cuase strange behavior.
Password:
Unable to authenticate to AFS because password was incorrect.

C:\> klog chas.admin@depot.nrl.navy.mil
Non-null instance (admin) may cuase strange behavior.
Password:
Unable to authenticate to AFS because user doesn't exist.

klog on windows seems to know how to handle instances.  what did you
try to run?