AFS on Crack (was: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS + KRB5 usage...)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:36:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Norman P. B. Joseph wrote:

> On Apr 27, 10:43 Charles Clancy (mgrtcc@cs.rose-hulman.edu) wrote:
>
>  > [...]  I've seen utilites that take kaserver.DB0 and
>  > convert it into an /etc/passwd format.  [...]
>
> This reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask:  Is there a version of
> Crack that will work with AFS password info?  I haven't worked with Crack in
> years, but one of the other sysadmins here brought up the question a little
> while back.

A former coworker of mine, Dan Lovinger, wrote AFScrack, which we still
distribute. ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/AFS-Tools/afscrack-1.1.tar.Z

If you have problems you can mail me directly.