[OpenAFS] Problem w/ Linux 2.4.7

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:07:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> > all weekend.
>
> That was the first report of it; It's now up.

Oh, sorry.  I thought folks were out of town for the weekend and figured
you'd pick it up Monday.  Thanks for giving it CPR!

> > At any rate, is it possible for the client to work correctly
> > with a 2.4.7 Linux kernel?  Everything appears to start correctly, but the
> > system complains that /afs is not a directory when I attempt to go
> > anywhere inside the tree.
>
> In src/afs/LINUX/osi_vfs.h try adding:
>         struct char_device      *i_cdev;
> right after the line:
>         struct block_device     *i_bdev;
> and before:
>         unsigned long           i_dnotify_mask;

If an element of that structure was missing, why wouldn't there have been
a compile-time error?  At any rate, I tried it.  No change in behavior.

When I try to 'cd' into /afs (or anything beneath) it spits out a "Not a
directory.." error.

Was there intended to be a companion change to the program logic?

Steve