[OpenAFS] Problem w/ Linux 2.4.7

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 20:30:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Vladimir Kondratiev wrote:

> It should be something wrong in your installation. I have plain 2.4.7 on
> SMP box, AFS 1.1.1 client (compiled from sources). Everything is OK. Did
> you recompiled at least kernel module?
> Vladimir.

> >all weekend.  At any rate, is it possible for the client to work correctly
> >with a 2.4.7 Linux kernel?  Everything appears to start correctly, but the
> >system complains that /afs is not a directory when I attempt to go
> >anywhere inside the tree.
> >
> >If I reboot the same install under 2.2.20pre6, it works fine.  Known
> >problem?

All,

Thanks for all the tips and input!  I recompiled the AFS 1.1.1
distribution in its entirety, after applying the suggested patch to
osi_vfs.h.  Things work fine now.

Originally, I had just rebuilt the kernel module and tried running the
precompiled RPMs.  That combination does NOT work.

On a slightly different subject, has anyone tried using the 2.4.7 ext3
patch alongside afs?

Steve