[OpenAFS] Strange Behavior of Openafs-1.1.1

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 20:47:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> > > I _think_ that the ext3 patch is causing problems.  I've been through
> > > exactly the same exercise.  When I backed out ext3, it worked.  I'm just
> > > getting ready to try again with ext3 to ensure that I didn't have
> > > something else horked up.
> >
> > did you include that bit of info before?
>
> Yes and no.  It's my impression that I had failures even without the ext3
> patch.  But, I've been changing so many things it's possible I confused
> myself.
>
> > > I looked throught the ext3 patch, and I'm wondering if this change to the
> > > filesystem structures isn't the cause of grief (include/linux/fs.h):
> > >

> > i will do the necessary work
>
> Thanks.  I'd have been glad to if I had an inkling as to how that
> structure was loaded.

Ok, the light just went on.  May I assume that the entire client (user
space code + kernel module) must be recompiled against the target kernel
includes when anything in struct inode changes?  For some reason, I
thought that rebuilding only the kernel module only would do the trick.

Sorry for the high specific gravity.

Steve