[OpenAFS] Problem with starting up Open AFS.

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 00:41:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

> Hi
>
> 	I am sorry for this long delay in my response. I got busy with
> quite a few other things and did not get the time to look at the
> installation.
>
> 	1.1.1 RPM's are the ones that I used and those gave the problems I
> described earlier. So, I downloaded the source and ran ./configure.

> 	checking whether byte order is known at compile time... yes
> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
> checking your OS... configure: warning: No usable linux headers found at
> /usr/src/linux so disabling kernel module
> linux
> checking your AFS sysname... configure: error: Couldn't guess your Linux
> version. Please use the --with-afs-sysname option to configure an AFS
> sysname.

it uses kernel headers to guess. it should fall back to uname if it can't
find those. it does suggest a way for you to set one, though, and you
should do that. also, if you have no kernel headers, you'll fail to
compile a kernel module, and what you build won't be especially useful
anyhow.

-D