[OpenAFS] Strange Behavior of Openafs-1.1.1

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:59:36 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> Pardon my density, but I grepped the sources for anything that looked like
> it was supposed to parallel those structures and found nothing except
> an inline inclusion in osi_vfs.h.  Are you saying that this is filled
> through clandestine means like memcpy?  If so, I can well understand the
> problem.

The problem here is that structures of type 'struct vnode_t' as defined in
src/afs/LINUX/osi_vfs.h are frequently passed to kernel code which
expects a 'struct inode'.  Thus, the order and size of elements in these
two structures must be the same.  So, whenever the inode structure changes
in Linux, AFS must be modified to reflect the change.  It's a pain, and
will eventually be fixed, but that's the source of your problem.

-- Jeff