[OpenAFS] Question.

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:23:14 -0400

On Friday, August 10, 2001 19:19:26 -0400, Madhusudan Singh
<chhabra@eecs.umich.edu> wrote:
+-----
| I tried to copy the binaries(root.client) into /afs/cellname/  ... but I
| realise that I do not have write permissions there !
+--->8

That will be the read-only volume.  Use /afs/.cellname which is by
convention the mountpoint for the read-write volume tree.

Also, you will probably need an admin token (i.e. a token for some AFS ID
listed in system:administrators).

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu