[OpenAFS] NFS/AFS Translator

C. D. Poon cdpoon@unc.edu
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:41:14 -0400

We are able to install openafs-1.0.4-24.1 into a RedHat Linux 7.1 box
without any problem.  This Linux box is actually the master of a
Beowulf.  The slave nodes are connected to the master through private
network.  In order for the slave nodes to have access to AFS, NFS/AFS
Translator can be used.

When we try to enable Translator functionality on the master node using
the fs exportafs command, it complains that nfs-exporter type is
currently not supported on this AFS Client.  It sounds to us that the
version of openafs we are using does not support NFS/AFS Translator.
Does the latest openafs-1.1.1 support that?  If not, is there a plan to
include NFS/AFS Translator into later build?

Any suggestion and recommendation will be highly appreciated.

C. D. Poon