[OpenAFS] AFS for Windows

Rhett Butler rhett.butler@duke.edu
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:08:57 -0400

I've seen where the error "37" is almost always related to time sync.
Make sure your NT boxes are in the correct time zone and that they are
syncing with a valid NTP time source.

-Rhett Butler

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of Nobile Alvise
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 1:16 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Cc: alvi@ictp.trieste.it
Subject: [OpenAFS] AFS for Windows

Problems (under W2000Pro)

1) AFSforWindowsNT.exe (in
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.1.1a/winnt/)  is corrupted! when
running,  it fails unpacking

2) AFS client 1.0.4a for NT, if uninstalled, can not be reinstalled: any
attempts at rerunning it fails saying ' The AFS client could not be
started successfully You may not have authorization' and 'error
0x00042a' (login as Administrator, everything else unchanged with
respect to first installation that 'almost worked -see next note-;
uninstall/reinstall attempted many times with varying degrees of
intervening reboots)
2.bis) uninstall does not clean up the registry

3) AFS client 1.0.4a for NT 'almost always' fails getting tokens with
'unknown error 0x37' (before uninstalling/reinstalling, of course)

Anyone knows anything?

--
Alvise Nobile,              Scientific Computing Section
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics