[OpenAFS] Linux AFS fileserver w/ journaled partitions works!

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 10:49:57 +0100

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 09:42:45PM -0500, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> > We thought Sun's logging UFS option worked also.  And it did, until we
> > started seeing troubles and then salvager completely raped and destroyed
> > our vice partitions when the machines were rebooted.
>
> Don't confuse the inode fileserver (where, yes, you will lose) with the
> namei fileserver, which is "just a filesystem user". This is a non-issue
> for Linux.

Which means that I could - in theory - use reiserfs for /vicep*?

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/