[OpenAFS] Using tmpfs for afs cache

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:26:03 -0600

My concern about using ramdisks on linux is that AFAIK linux ram disks use
physical (not virtual) memory.  Thus, you partition your memory and prevent
the OS from managing AFS cache usage vs. all the other memory demands.  Maybe
memory is cheap enough now that it doesn't matter; just buy a computer with a
Gig of ram, pay a few extra bucks and go on your happy way.

Are any list readers aware of a linux VM based fs, similar to solaris tmpfs?

Dave