[OpenAFS] /afs: Not a directory

Marc Schmitt schmitt@inf.ethz.ch
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 18:14:50 +0100

Hi Tino,

I made the experience that under older versions of AFS, the mount point
/afs will be created once the daemon is started. I just upgraded one of
my machines from 1.1.1-24.4 to 1.2.2-rh7.1.1 and after the reboot, the
AFS daemon would start (no errors at all), but ls -la /afs comes back with
/afs: Not a directory

lsmod shows:

Module                  Size       Used by
libafs-something        somesize    0

The used by 0 indicates that something is wrong. rmmod libafs-something
gives a panic (always).

What I did is "mkdir /afs" and reboot, everything worked fine afterwards
(used will show 2 instead of 0 (depends on kernel version, I think,
under 2.2 it shows 1, under 2.4 2)).

HTH

Greetz
	Marc