[OpenAFS] Using tmpfs for afs cache

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
4 Dec 2001 15:52:48 +0100

David Thompson <thomas@cs.wisc.edu> said:
>These are exactly the reasons that I have not used either the mem cache or the ramdisk cache for our linux computers here.  Too bad the tmpfs cache doesn't work (yet).

Would it really be better than doing the same through ext2? After all, Linux
is quite aggressive in caching (sometimes better than on-controller RAM
caches), so I don't think you'll see much of a difference. And because tmpfs
- if it's the same thing as under Solaris - resizes dynamically, wouldn't that
make the afs client module extremely unhappy?

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>