[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and Raid

Petros Triantafyllidis trian@itc.auth.gr
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:12:36 +0200 (EET)

Hi all,
  We are planning to install OpenAFS 1.2.2a on a new server running RH
7.1, kernel 2.4.16smp. After the testing period this machine will be
the second server of a primary one which runs Solaris 2.6 and Transarc
AFS 3.6.

The thought is to implement software RAID on the Linux box. The question
is whether raid-5 can co-live with AFS. What are the possible pitfalls and
how should it be done in order we obtain the maximum of performance
(assuming redundancy is a must)?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Petros

--