[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and Raid

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:10:21 -0600

Hello Petros:

This shouldn't be a problem.  We're running an SMP linux server (rh 7.1,
kernel 2.4.9-something) with both software and hardware RAID.  The only
problem we have had has been getting the linux SCSI firmware to talk to one of
the hardware RAID controllers (an Andataco GigaRaid).  I think the problem
there is probably with the Andataco, not linux or afs.  Except for that, we
have found afs+linux+raid to be a very good choice.

Dave