[OpenAFS] Cache Problem

Jeff Baldwin jeff_baldwin@unc.edu
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:43:48 -0500

Ok... trying to get OpenAFS client to run on my RedHat 7.2 (Kernel
2.4.9-13 (stock Redhat)).  When I try to start OpenAFS I get the error below

[root@mill95 SOURCES]# /etc/init.d/afs start
Found libafs-2.4.9-13-i686.o from SymTable... Loading...
Starting AFS services.....
df: `/.afscache': No such file or directory
afsd: WARNING: cache probably too small!
afsd: malloc() failed for cache file inode table with -25 entries.

This where it gets weird...

I stop the AFS Service...

I edit /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo to read

/afs:/usr/vice/cache:50000
(save changes and edit)

I then start the AFS service again.... again getting the error I posted
above...

I notice the line in the error...
df: `/.afscache': No such file or directory
Even after I changed the cache dir /usr/vice/cache

When I look at 'cacheinfo' again, its been overwritten to read as it did
originally
/afs:/.afscache:0

Any ideas?

Jeff