[OpenAFS] AFS-Client behind masquerading firewall

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
05 Jan 2001 09:48:23 -0500

Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-openafs-info@progbbs.staticky.com> writes:

>  DA> Wait 10 minutes, then unlog and aklog.
> Doesn't help. :(
> I need to reboot the client machine after an IP change or switch to arla. :(

Wow, this really doesn't make sense.  I can't see how a reboot would
be necessary, unless AFS isn't being shut down properly.  Once you
shutdown AFS and remove the afs module, all client state should be
gone.  The fact that you need to reboot implies that AFS is not
shutting down completely (or cleanly).

> CU/Lnx Sascha

-derek