[OpenAFS] AFS-Client behind masquerading firewall

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:43:06 -0500 (EST)

> Hm.  The server notices a new** IP address, and makes an
> InitCallbackState call.  The client discards all callbacks from that
> server.  So that clears things up just fine.

A slightly different twist -- on our campus, we have dual-boot linux/NT
boxes in our labs, which all run AFS.  Due to this problem of having "two
clients" on the same IP, we run into servers getting confused all fo the
time.  So, the question is, is there a way for the client to "force" an
initcallbackstate call to the servers in which it connects to?

Robert Banz (banz@umbc.edu)
UMBC Office of Information Technology
(410) 455-3933  fax: (410) 455-1065