[OpenAFS] AFS-Client behind masquerading firewall

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 17:43:04 -0500

  What we're seeing is when you boot into NT (from a client that was
  previously booted to linux), access to one or some fileservers will 'time
  out', while 'rcallbackconnectback failed' messages will appear in the
  fileserver's log for that particular IP.

The NT client should be replying immediately to the callback.  I suspect
either a bug in the NT client, or maybe the IP address changes when you
reboot.  Make sure NT and linux agree on the IP address.