[OpenAFS] Servers hanging during weekly restarts

Jamie Walker jj.walker@auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 15:28:13 +1300

Hi, I'm currently testing OpenAFS on a Redhat 6.2 machine (installed
from the 1.0.1 RPMs on openafs.org) and the server hangs once a week, at
about the time the weekly server process restart is scheduled to occur,
hence I am assuming this is the cause. The OpenAFS administration guide
tells me how to disable these restarts, but I feel this would be a
stop-gap solution and I'd rather find the cause of the problem and fix
that.

Can anyone give me suggestions to help track this down? Requests for
information about server spec are welcome (briefly: dual PII-400, 512mb
RAM, Adaptec UW SCSI, 4x4.5gb SCSI HDs, 2x Intel EEPro net cards).

The same problem occurred with the 1.0 release which I compiled myself
from tarball.