[OpenAFS] openafs problem on Solaris 8

Dominic Lai dominic@cs.ust.hk
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:38:17 +0800

Chas,

Thanks for your help.  With your attached information (Ultra 5, 64bit OS),
I quickly rolled out an Ultra 2 running 64-bit version of Solaris 8.
With openafs-1.0.1, it runs completely okay too.  However, it
does not work on a 32-bit environment, such as my Sparc 20 running
32-bit version of Solaris 8.  :-(

By the way, during compilation, I find that the 32-bit AFS kernel driver
(libafs.nonfs.o, under root.client/usr/vice/etc/modload) is eventually
over-written by the 64-bit AFS driver.  If you take a look at the
resultant files, you can see that libafs.nonfs.o and libafs64.nonfs.o
are the same binary.  :-)  Of course, I did copy the 32-bit driver
out from obj/libafs/MODLOAD32.  But still, this driver gives a kernel
panic whenever accessing files.  :-(

So in a conclusion, the 64-bit driver works but the 32-bit one does not.  :-(

Dominic

P.S. : "set lwp_default_stksize=0x4000" does not help either.

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology