[OpenAFS] openafs-1.0.2 on SuperSPARC (Solaris 8 32Bit)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:11:15 -0500

--On Thursday, January 25, 2001 05:52:28 PM +0100 Andreas Sindermann
<sinder@thp.Uni-Koeln.DE> wrote:

> I'd like to suggest not to set the path to the compiler
> /opt/SUNWspro/bin explicitely in src/config/Makefile.sun4x_5[5-8],
> as  cc  might be installed in a different location (e.g. at our site
> several versions of Sun Compilers are being installed in parallel).
> Just an idea...

The problem is this is to explicitly avoid /usr/ucb/cc, which some people
have first in their path. In the autoconf world this is easier to avoid,
and something should be able to be done.

You're the second person who reported problems on SuperSparcs, and
previously Chas Williams sent a patch which helped the last person with a
problem; That patch is included in 1.0.2.

I assume he'll comment; I'll try to look into the issue later.

-D