[OpenAFS] Problems with openafs-1.0.4 client on Mandrake 7.2

Erik Danielsson erik.danielsson@syncom.se
Sun, 01 Jul 2001 16:56:59 +0200

--------------3BA9092E142F977C277FDB40

We have had some problems with openafs (1.0.2 - 1.0.4)
on all our Mandrake 7.2 workstations.
AFS starts fine, no errors.

Authentication works fine tokens received from our AFS server
(sun4x_57/openafs 1.0.2).
Access to /afs and the whole cell's  volumes and files is possible.

But when trying to do some copying/moving/tar/untar that resulting in
writing on the afs
filesystem the result is a Segmentation fault.

The same operation on a redhat 6.2 or 7.1 is working fine.
On both Mandrake and Redhat systems the libafs.o kernel
module is recompiled due to unresolved symbols.
The compiled module loads fine, but on Mandrake systems the problem
mentioned above
is still present.

Have anyone had similar problems, and is there a sollution?

//Regards
Erik Danielsson
Syncom Financial System
--------------3BA9092E142F977C277FDB40

begin:vcard
n:Danielsson;Erik
tel;fax:+46 18 657101
tel;work:+46 18 657111
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Syncom Financial Systems
adr:;;Uppsala Science Park;Uppsala;;SE - 751 83;Uppsala
version:2.1
email;internet:erik.danielsson@syncom.se
title:IT-Services
x-mozilla-cpt:;-16896