[OpenAFS] HOWTO for installation on 7.1

Dirk Heinrichs heinrichs@qis-systemhaus.de
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 08:31:44 +0200

Eduo wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> 1.-Is there an installation guide of AFS anywhere I could take a look at,
> before I bother the list with stupid errors or questions (this is my first
> installation of AFS and some documentation would be nice).
You can find the original IBM documentation at
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/afs/index.html.
There you find a "Quick Beginnings" guide.

> 2.-Are the binary rpm files for OpenAFS usable? Or should i better get the
> sources and compile it myself?
The latter.

> 5.-How exactly are filesystems or directories shared? How exactly are
> filesystems or directories mounted, where is all this defined? (again, I
> am new to AFS, and I have noticed that it has nothing to do with NFS, but
> that's as far as I get it)
Clients mount /afs and that't it. All AFS volumes reside within the /afs
tree, but are created and mounted into this tree on the server, clients
get them automatically.

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs		| Tel:	+49 (0)241 413 260
Configuration Manager	| Fax:	+49 (0)241 413 2640