[OpenAFS] HOWTO for installation on 7.1

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Jul 2001 16:17:25 -0400

I have no idea what you're talking about w.r.t. inetd.  OpenAFS
doesn't even provide inetd, let alone anything that uses it.
Certainly the RH RPMs don't.

If the RPMS don't work for your particular kernel (they seem to work
for some people, but not others) then I suggest that you build a new
kernel from scratch using the sources from kernel.org and then you
should be able to use the openafs-kernel-source RPM to build a kernel
module that works for your new kernel.

-derek